- An expert in the study and classification of cultivated varieties of grape.More example sentences
- Galet refutes earlier ampelographers' suggestions of a genealogical link with Pinot Noir.
- We cannot resort to tasting samples or nursery specimens; all we possess are classical texts written by authors who were not modern, scientifically trained ampelographers.
- For many years no distinction was made between Pinot Blanc and Chardonnay since the two varieties can look very similar to all but the keenest ampelographers.
late 19th century: via French from Greek ampelos 'vine' + -grapher.
More definitions of ampelographerDefinition of ampelographer in:
- The US English dictionary