noun (plural same)
A bushy climbing plant of the vine family.
- Genus Ampelopsis, family Vitaceae: two species
More example sentences
- I don't think its a type of Ampelopsis although the leaves look similar.
- This variety of Ampelopsis is easily kept within bounds, it actually only climbs to 8 ft. or so.
- I have collected in the last quarter of a century more than 30 different varieties of Ampelopsis and Parthenocissus.
modern Latin, from Greek ampelos 'vine' + opsis 'appearance'.
Definition of ampelopsis in:
- The US English dictionary