- The sign & (standing for and, as in Smith & Co., or the Latin et, as in &c.).More example sentences
- This includes quotes, apostrophes, ellipses, em and en dashes, multiplication symbols, and ampersands.
- But what is so special about the ampersand, specifically, in regard to this?
- To keep your URL as simple as possible, try to exclude characters such as question marks and ampersands.
late 18th century: alteration of and per se and ‘& by itself is and’, formerly chanted as an aid to learning the sign.
More definitions of ampersandDefinition of ampersand in:
- The US English dictionary