noun (plural amphibolies)
- another term for amphibology.More example sentences
- Perhaps, if we are to maintain the doctrine of agency as a possession of the agent, it is more productive to let the amphiboly lie as it is.
- Street signs can suffer from a case of amphiboly because they tend not to use punctuation.
- An amphiboly occurs when the construction of a sentence allows it to have two different meanings.
More definitions of amphibolyDefinition of amphiboly in:
- The US English dictionary