noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A semi-synthetic form of penicillin used to treat infections of the urinary and respiratory tracts.More example sentences
- If you are given treatment for a bacterial infection with the antibiotics ampicillin or amoxycillin, you may develop a rash of small red spots.
- The patients had been treated with ampicillin, penicillin, or chloramphenicol.
- For urinary tract infection, we examined resistance to ampicillin or amoxicillin and trimethoprim.
More definitions of ampicillinDefinition of ampicillin in:
- The US English dictionary