- A syrup considered by Sikhs to be divine, and which they drink at religious observances including baptism.More example sentences
- The candidates for initiation drink some of the amrit from the same bowl, and have it sprinkled on their eyes and hair.
- The amrit that it holds symbolizes the divine consciousness, which is the true source of immortality.
- Kumbh is inherently, and fundamentally, spiritual; it is all about amrit, the meeting of three waters, an act of faith, a phenomena of transcendence.
from Sanskrit amṛta 'immortal'.
More definitions of amritDefinition of amrit in:
- The US English dictionary