noun (plural amuse-gueules or same)
- A small savoury item of food served as an appetizer before a meal.More example sentences
- Now, however, they are becoming a grander food, being served as amuse-gueules in expensive restaurants.
- A trio of amuse-gueules was served on three china spoons: a tiny bit of mozzarella and tomato in a kind of basil jelly; a scrap of chicken in a cream sauce; and a morsel of prepared duck with black truffle.
- He gave me an amuse-gueule, a mini gazpacho, while I was in the kitchen, and a little orange jelly which was delicious, but those were not serious nourishment.
French, literally 'amuse mouth'.
More definitions of amuse-gueuleDefinition of amuse-gueule in:
- The US English dictionary