noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- The non-crystallizable form of starch, consisting of branched polysaccharide chains.More example sentences
- The two major components of starch are amylose and amylopectin.
- Inulin is a soluble carbohydrate of much lower molecular weight than either amylose or amylopectin.
- About three-quarters of the total, depending on the source of the starch, is in the form of amylopectin; this consists of short, interconnected chains making up a many-branched mass comprising thousands of sugar units.
More definitions of amylopectinDefinition of amylopectin in:
- The US English dictionary