- (Of a wind) caused by local upward motion of warm air.More example sentences
- A katabatic wind is a wind that is blowing down a slope, and an anabatic wind blows up a slope.
- In addition, you can have thermals combining with the anabatic flows up a slope for convergence.
- The most convenient features for anabatic and katabatic streams are the concepts of mountain-valley breezes.
early 20th century: from Greek anabatikos, from anabatēs 'a person who ascends', from anabainein 'walk up'.
More definitions of anabaticDefinition of anabatic in:
- The US English dictionary