- 1Suffering from anaemia: the doctor said you were a bit anaemic an anaemic patientMore example sentences
colourless, bloodless, pale, pallid, wan, ashen, white, white as a ghost/sheet, grey, jaundiced, waxen, chalky, chalk-white, milky, pasty, pasty-faced, whey-faced, peaky, sickly, tired-looking, washed out, sallow, drained, drawn, sapped, ghostly, deathly, deathlike, bleached• rare etiolated
- Does a blood transfusion in anemic patients with acute coronary syndrome improve survival?
- Nearly 90 percent of MDS patients are anemic and require regular transfusions of red cells.
- If the patient is anemic, transfusion of one or more units of packed red blood cells may be prescribed.
- 1.1Lacking in colour, spirit, or vitality: an anaemic aspidistra stood in the grate Boro gave a thoroughly anaemic performanceMore example sentences
feeble, weak, insipid, pallid, pale, wishy-washy, vapid, bland, poor, puny, flat, inadequate; lame, tame, uninspired, unimaginative, lacklustre, spiritless, half-hearted, vigourless, lifeless, powerless, impotent, ineffective, ineffectual, enervated, bloodless• informal pathetic• rare etiolated
- The anemic palate that colours the film - grays, browns, and other hushed earth tones - provide the foreboding backdrop.
- Setup is joyously simple, and DVD performance is good, if not spectacular, but the sound is anaemic, lacking sufficient detail for music and serious clout for movies.
- It is anaemic, lacking in vision, and a generally debate-free zone.