Definition of anagram in English:
A word, phrase, or name formed by rearranging the letters of another, such as spar, formed from rasp.
- I love the way sometimes the letters of an anagram rearrange themselves in my head with no effort, whereas sometimes I have to write them out in a circle to work it out.
- The point of the task was to write down each object found and then rearrange the anagram into a word, which turned out to be the Gaisce Bronze Award.
- Finally, Dominowski found that a single letter, regardless of its position in the solution word, did not facilitate solutions for 5-letter anagrams.
- Example sentences
- He would write using anagrammatic versions of his own name like Ogdred Weary or Dogear Wryde and he would draw eerie wonderlands and stately homes and would populate them with the strangest of people engaged in the cruellest of acts.
- The dexterous, anagrammatic intelligence of Eyeshot, Heather McHugh's seventh collection, nearly overwhelms.
- The anagrammatic variety are more clever than piercing, however.
- Example sentences
- Her sensitivity to anagrammatical and typographical detail allows her to see ‘open’ in ‘persons,’ ‘in her’ in ‘inner,’ and, troublingly, ‘evil’ in ‘live’ (a word which she plays off her heroine's name).
- So we made a joke of it, signing off his articles with pseudonyms ranging from the obvious Dario G to the anagrammatical Dan U. Arsedish.
- In the battle of imaginary bad men, the hostilities between Satan and Santa are more or less an anagrammatical draw.
Words that rhyme with anagramencephalogram
Definition of anagram in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan