Definition of anagrammatize in English:
Make an anagram of (a word, phrase, or name).
- As they danced, some held aloft giant letters that spelt ‘VOTE’, though poor choreography had managed to anagrammatise the rest of the message.
- I looked for ‘available letters (not words)’ with which to anagrammatize them, and - eureka! - found in each of the fourteen lines letters which spell ‘horse’!
- Blackwall and Hornchurch stations couldn't be properly anagrammatized and instead they were split into their component words and reversed to produce ‘Wall Black’ and ‘Church Horn’ respectively.
- anagrammatization noun
- Example sentences
- My wondering about it led me to the belief that it was an anagrammatization .
- One of the things I sent along was a line-by-line anagrammatization of Sylvia Plath's poem ‘Ariel,’ which you can read here.
- In the happy crush of mail entries to this contest, we received lots and lots of movies comically altered by anagrammatization .
Words that rhyme with anagrammatizeepigrammatize, melodramatize, overdramatize
Definition of anagrammatize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.