Definition of analyst in English:
1A person who conducts analysis.
- Proposals have been unveiled which are designed to improve the standard and conduct of analysts.
- There are many reasons why most journalists, analysts, TV pundits and even the pollsters got it so wrong.
- A Radicati analyst posted responses to the criticisms under a pseudonym.
- The tool the analyst needs is her psychoanalytically trained selfhood to access the selfhood of the other.
- Since the analysand comes to the analyst because of pain, the role of the psychoanalyst in my book is naturally the relief of that pain.
- The contempt that some analysts show towards other approaches to psychotherapy is inappropriate.
Mid 17th century: from French analyste, from the verb analyser (see analyse).
Words that rhyme with analystannalist, cryptanalyst, panellist (US panelist), psychoanalyst
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.