1A person who conducts analysis.
- Proposals have been unveiled which are designed to improve the standard and conduct of analysts.
- There are many reasons why most journalists, analysts, TV pundits and even the pollsters got it so wrong.
- A Radicati analyst posted responses to the criticisms under a pseudonym.
- The tool the analyst needs is her psychoanalytically trained selfhood to access the selfhood of the other.
- Since the analysand comes to the analyst because of pain, the role of the psychoanalyst in my book is naturally the relief of that pain.
- The contempt that some analysts show towards other approaches to psychotherapy is inappropriate.
Mid 17th century: from French analyste, from the verb analyser (see analyse).
Words that rhyme with analystannalist, cryptanalyst, panellist (US panelist), psychoanalyst
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ana|lyst
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.