noun[mass noun] Genetics
- The third stage of cell division, between metaphase and telophase, during which the chromosomes move away from one another to opposite poles of the spindle.More example sentences
- The events in this stage of the cell cycle leading to cell division are prophase, metaphase, anaphase and telophase.
- This pattern is generally characterized by nuclear localization during interphase and prophase and association with the spindle midzone during anaphase and telophase.
- Finally, category III includes cells in anaphase / telophase either with or without a spindle signal present.
More definitions of anaphaseDefinition of anaphase in:
- The US English dictionary