noun[mass noun] Medicine
- An extreme, often life-threatening allergic reaction to an antigen to which the body has become hypersensitive.More example sentences
- Such an allergic reaction can bring on anaphylactic shock.
- A post-mortem examination in Spain revealed Mr Harris, who knew he was allergic to wasp stings, had died from anaphylactic shock.
- Even a small amount could cause a dangerous reaction called anaphylaxis or anaphylactic shock.
More definitions of anaphylactic shockDefinition of anaphylactic shock in:
- The US English dictionary