- Link or be linked by anastomosis: [no object]: adjacent veins may anastomose these anastomose with branches of the carotid artery [with object]: the graft is anastomosed to the vein of the recipientMore example sentences
- The nodules were wrapped by anastomosing networks of blood vessels, reminiscent of the cotyledons of a placenta.
- The left renal may anastomose with the splenic vein and receive lumbar veins.
- This branch enters the skull through the superior orbital fissure or a small foramen in the greater wing of the sphenoid to anastomose with the ophthalmic artery.
late 17th century: coined in French from Greek anastomōsis (see anastomosis).
More definitions of anastomoseDefinition of anastomose in:
- The US English dictionary