Definition of ancestral in English:
Of, belonging to, or inherited from an ancestor or ancestors: the family’s ancestral home
More example sentences
- That which is patrimonial is that which is inherited from the ancestral past.
- That area, which belongs to the Maori people there in terms of ancestral use, he would walk all over.
- The Sakya tradition is closely bound up with the Khon ancestral lineage, which derived from celestial beings.
- ancestrally adverb
- Example sentences
- However, the genes may be evolutionarily related, and the two developmental pathways may therefore have ancestrally shared common components.
- Until we rooted the eukaryote tree correctly it was harder to decide whether such features absent in some groups were ancestrally absent or secondarily lost.
- In fact, US Muslims are most often ancestrally from South Asia or Africa not the Middle East, as Americans wrongly assume.
Words that rhyme with ancestralkestrel, orchestral
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.