- A female ancestor.More example sentences
- Specifically, she argues that visual art has primarily been a female tradition, started by ancient ancestresses that influenced their descendants to be more cooperative with each other.
- After a minute or two my beautiful ancestress would disappear briefly, soon to return with the satisfaction of a duty performed.
- It is not only the passing of the Copley ancestress that is being noticed, but the reckless and desperate collapse of the old economic order - those sherry-sipping ‘poised relations’ waiting for the will to be read.
More definitions of ancestressDefinition of ancestress in:
- The US English dictionary