noun (plural anchorpersons or anchorpeople)
- An anchorman or anchorwoman.More example sentences
- By giving him Walter Cronkite's desk, CBS turned a dangerous reporter into a usually-safe anchorperson.
- For Kysa and Derwin Daniels of Conyers, Georgia, the downpour came last Thanksgiving when Kysa, 35, lost her job as an overnight anchorperson at CNN Headline News in Atlanta.
- While people tend to say the anchor was on for 17 hours and did a good or bad job, what the anchorperson did is important, but what I did is a byproduct of the news division
More definitions of anchorpersonDefinition of anchorperson in:
- The US English dictionary