Definition of androgenize in English:
verb[with object] (usually as adjective androgenized)
Treat with or expose to male hormones, typically with the result that male sexual characteristics are produced: androgenized animals
More example sentences
- A similar number of estruses was identified by androgenized cows between synchronization groups: nine and seven estruses for the SS and TB heifers, respectively.
- One androgenized cow was introduced within each heifer treatment group to compare estrous detection methods (androgenized cows and HW).
- It caused a lot of bleeding disorders and too many androgenizing effects.
- Example sentences
- However, androgenization of cows with testosterone treatment has had varying success.
- Testosterone levels were not correlated with extent of androgenization or absence of feminization.
- In addition, we have shown that androgenization of female rats neonatally leads to insulin resistance at adult age.
Definition of androgenize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia