- An anemometer which records the speed, duration, and sometimes also the direction of the wind.More example sentences
- At the end of 1993, Luigi Barbieri, who was renovating Woelfle anemographs, retired and was not replaced.
- At stations with an anemograph, the mean speed is for a period of 10 minutes ending at the hour of observation.
- Since the anemograph was installed in 1982 gusts of 100 kt or more have been recorded on only two occasions on Fair Isle.
mid 19th century: from Greek anemos 'wind' + -graph.
More definitions of anemographDefinition of anemograph in:
- The US English dictionary