Definition of anemone in English:
1A plant of the buttercup family which typically has brightly coloured flowers and deeply divided leaves.
- Genus Anemone, family Ranunculaceae: numerous species, including the common Eurasian wood anemone (A. nemorosa)
- Plant smaller bulbs such as crocus, anemones and ranunculus.
- Dowling's recommendations for winter production in colder regions: lilies, sunflowers, amaryllis, anemones and ranunculus.
- They also don't eat anemones, astilbes, junipers, foxgloves, daffodils, ferns, grasses and a whole host of things.
2 short for sea anemone.
- The hull here is rich in marine life - hydroids, tunicates, anemones and sponges.
- Some crabs actively seek anemones and sponges as epibionts that may be used for camouflage, and in some cases, as an emergency meal.
- You will find brightly coloured anemones, firebrick starfish and urchins.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan