- Relating to or denoting a barometer that measures air pressure by the action of the air in deforming the elastic lid of an evacuated box.More example sentences
- He used a standard-sized, calibrated aneroid sphygmomanometer blood pressure cuff to measure pressure in the left arm.
- We calibrated the blood pressure measurement system prior to use each day with an aneroid sphygmomanometer.
- On July 17, 1929, he flew the first instrumented payload, consisting of an aneroid barometer, a thermometer, and a camera.
nounBack to top
- An aneroid barometer.More example sentences
- He pointed out that some Midwestern facilities began phasing out mercury-containing sphygmomanometers and switching over to aneroids a few years ago, at the urging of St. Mary's Duluth clinic.
mid 19th century: coined in French from Greek a- 'without' + nēros 'water'.
More definitions of aneroidDefinition of aneroid in:
- The US English dictionary