Definition of anfractuous in English:
Sinuous or circuitous: the line of gold extends and becomes anfractuous
More example sentences
- Tired of hearing and reading too much ‘anfractuous remplissage’ - in other words, circuitous padding?
- There is what I suppose is intended to be the telling juxtaposition of different sorts of ‘conspiracy theories’, linked by the sort of anfractuous logic that informs Horowitz's ‘Discover the Network’.
- Certain bloggers revel in this kind of anfractuous illogic.
- Example sentences
- Will it result in a facile anti-reductionist anfractuosity so skilfully punctuated way back by E.H. Carr in his What is History?
- An anfractuous road would be full of windings; an explanation full of anfractuosity would be very intricate.
- This one was found by Florence Trentin in an anfractuosity of the reef.
Words that rhyme with anfractuousfatuous • arduous
Definition of anfractuous in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan