noun[mass noun] Physiology
- The development of new blood vessels.More example sentences
- Other important endocrine effects of leptin include immune function regulation, hematopoiesis, angiogenesis, and bone development.
- Placed at the interface between normal and pathologic physiology is the formation of new blood vessels, or angiogenesis.
- Similary, angiogenesis also speeds the development of diabetic retinopathy and macular degeneration.
More definitions of angiogenesisDefinition of angiogenesis in:
- The US English dictionary