Indian • informal
noun (plural same)
- An English person.More example sentences
- Those days not many got an opportunity to travel abroad to play and if success was achieved, however moderate, on the circuit it was cherished like a badge of honour, treasured as titles bestowed on friendly princes by the angrez.
adjectiveBack to top
- English: the pukka angrez sahibMore example sentences
- If Hindi was what sold, ruled Rupert Murdoch then, let STAR News go all-Hindi - India's British angrezi tradition be damned!
- So when Grammy-winning artist Steven Curtis Chapman follows with Rembering You apart from being a bit pacier, the only difference seems to be the angrezi lyrics.
- The Britishers left behind for us an angrezi hang-up, but many of us did not know that they carried back our spicy tongues in return.