adjective (angrier, angriest)
- 1Feeling or showing strong annoyance, displeasure, or hostility; full of anger: why are you angry with me? I’m angry that she didn’t call meMore example sentences
irate, annoyed, cross, vexed, irritated, exasperated, indignant, aggrieved, irked, piqued, displeased, provoked, galled, resentful; furious, enraged, infuriated, in a temper, incensed, raging, incandescent, wrathful, fuming, ranting, raving, seething, frenzied, in a frenzy, beside oneself, outraged, in high dudgeon; irascible, bad-tempered, hot-tempered, choleric, splenetic, dyspeptic, tetchy, testy, crabby, waspish; hostile, antagonistic, black, dark, dirty, filthy• informal mad, hopping mad, wild, livid, as cross as two sticks, boiling, apoplectic, aerated, hot under the collar, riled, on the warpath, up in arms, with all guns blazing, foaming at the mouth, steamed up, in a lather, in a paddy, fit to be tied, aggravated, snappy, snappishWest Indian • informal vexBritish • informal , • dated in a bate, waxy• vulgar slang pissed offNorth American • vulgar slang pissedheated, hot, passionate, furious, fiery, stormy, tempestuous, lively; bad-tempered, ill-tempered, acrimonious, bitter
- Another was angry that they first heard about the outage from customers, rather than BT.
- While car criminals infuriate Fry he is as angry with receivers of stolen goods.
- He always seems angry with the world, and often comes over as tetchy in interviews.
- 1.1(Of the sea or sky) stormy, turbulent, or threatening: the wild, angry seaMore example sentences
- The waves of the angry sea threw Lorana into her uncle, Koric, who held on to the oar with all his strength.
- Darius' eyes were hard and intense and his stormy aura swirled with angry red.
- The angry waves lash at my body, as if the sea is trying to reclaim what it had just lost.
- 1.2(Of a wound or sore) red and inflamed: the bruise below his eye looked angry and soreMore example sentences
- The doctor had just finished applying eight stitches to the angry gash beneath his left eye.
- Afterwards my face had a number of large angry swollen red areas which have since gone down.
- There were scabs, but where the skin had been angry red, it was now a more healthy shade of pink.
- More example sentences
- The bondholders reacted angrily, saying they had not been consulted on the details of the scheme.
- Last week, he angrily brandished documents which he claimed cleared him of any involvement.
- Are you sometimes in difficult situations because you have reacted angrily or even violently?