Definition of anhedonia in English:
noun[mass noun] Psychiatry
Inability to feel pleasure in normally pleasurable activities.
- The most common symptoms include feelings of anhedonia (inability to experience pleasure in anything), guilt and suicidal ideation.
- The cannabis produced an initial beneficial effect for the patients in that the anergia, anhedonia, and low imaginative capacity caused by the antipsychotic were reversed.
- Certain parallels have been made between the behavioral effects of the immune system, including anhedonia, and the behavioral changes and anhedonia found in depressed people.
- Example sentences
- The anhedonic effect of illness and inflammation has received much recent research attention.
- Anhedonic alcoholics may have blunted cortisol response to psychological stress.
- As predicted, patients with major depression scored significantly higher on the anhedonic symptoms scale of the Beck Depression Inventory (BDI) than did patients with schizophrenia.
Definition of anhedonia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan