nounchiefly • historical
- A synthetic dye, especially one made from aniline.More example sentences
- The natural plant colors were replaced by chemical aniline dyes imported from Germany.
- The aniline dyes developed in Europe in the mid-nineteenth century quickly caught on in China, where they were cheaper than Chinese natural dyes and came in a greater variety of colors.
- Other authors have suggested that consumers became disillusioned with the poor fastness properties of aniline dyes.
More definitions of aniline dyeDefinition of aniline dye in:
- The US English dictionary