- 1Full of life or excitement; lively: an animated conversationMore example sentences
lively, spirited, high-spirited, energetic, full of life, excited, enthusiastic, eager, alive, active, vigorous, vibrant, vital, vivacious, buoyant, exuberant, ebullient, effervescent, bouncy, bubbly, perky, sparkling, sprightly, zestful; fiery, passionate, impassioned, heated, dynamic, forceful, fervent, ardent• informal bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, full of beans, bright and breezy, sparky, chirpy, go-go, chipper, peppy, zippy, zappy, full of vim and vigourNorth American • informal peart
- I don't understand this phenomenon that jump starts my brain in animated conversation or heated exchange and petrifies it to molasses when I ask it to be creative.
- I watch a chic woman with full make up and a glittering green bikini conduct an animated mobile phone conversation while strolling up and down and smoking.
- Author Margie Palatini employs word play, puns, and satire in this animated mystery, a lively spoof of the 1960s television series Dragnet.
- 2(Of a film or image) made using animation techniques: an animated version of the classic fairy taleMore example sentences
- Girl 24 is an animated film employing stop-motion techniques in the style of Jan Svankmajer and the Brothers Quay.
- Sir Ian is currently working on the animated film version of the classic children's animation series The Magic Roundabout.
- This blithely idiosyncratic, almost dialogue-free animated film concerns an old lady's quest to recover her grandson after he is mysteriously kidnapped during the Tour de France.
- More example sentences
- When it was his time to take the oath, he signed the book, then went on to chat animatedly to the Speaker, who grasped his hand, held it in a firm grip, and shook it five times.
- At one point during the evening, Camejo paced outside the Town Hall animatedly speaking into a cell phone.
- His deep, distinctive voice resounds, he gestures animatedly and his enthusiasm becomes infectious.