adverb & adjective
- (Especially as a direction) in an animated manner.More example sentences
- Più animato [It.] A directive to a musician perform a specific passage of a composition more animato, or animated.
noun (plural animatos or animati /ˌanɪˈmɑːti/)Back to top
- A passage marked to be performed animato.More example sentences
- The music begins with an allegro animato which is reflective and oriental in its delicacy, but also contains more dramatic percussive music.
- In the concluding Allegro animato, he captured the Norwegian folk qualities of the music with zest.
- The same is true at the opening of the Finale: Allegro moderato molto e marcato, where even longer annotated phrase spans should exactly match with the lead in to the poco animato.
More definitions of animatoDefinition of animato in:
- The US English dictionary