Definition of animatronics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
The technique of making and operating lifelike robots, typically for use in film or other entertainment: ask them if they can find out who’s doing the animatronics
More example sentences
- Peterson's comments range from funny to interesting (all the fish in the film were either animatronics or rubber).
- And so we used 37 Herbies, but we built four robots - animatronics, basically.
- While the effects have not exactly held up the test of time, admittedly, one can still appreciate the incredible cleverness that went into the illusion, especially the use of radio-controlled devices and early animatronics.
- Example sentences
- With the second, the show's creators switched from using a dwarf actor to an animatronic puppet.
- He's a cross between Kenny Rogers and one of those animatronic country bears at Disney World.
- An animatronic horse apparently malfunctioned and didn't pull the actor's head back as co-star Hiroyaki Sanada swung his sword.
Definition of animatronics in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia