noun[treated as singular]
- The technique of making and operating lifelike robots, typically for use in film or other entertainment: ask them if they can find out who’s doing the animatronicsMore example sentences
- Peterson's comments range from funny to interesting (all the fish in the film were either animatronics or rubber).
- And so we used 37 Herbies, but we built four robots - animatronics, basically.
- While the effects have not exactly held up the test of time, admittedly, one can still appreciate the incredible cleverness that went into the illusion, especially the use of radio-controlled devices and early animatronics.
- More example sentences
- With the second, the show's creators switched from using a dwarf actor to an animatronic puppet.
- He's a cross between Kenny Rogers and one of those animatronic country bears at Disney World.
- An animatronic horse apparently malfunctioned and didn't pull the actor's head back as co-star Hiroyaki Sanada swung his sword.
More definitions of animatronicsDefinition of animatronics in:
- The US English dictionary