Definition of annoy in English:
1Make (someone) a little angry; irritate: the decision really annoyed him your damned cheerfulness has always annoyed me
More example sentences
- I accepted the decision - what annoyed me most was how no one had the decency to say thanks for what I'd done for the club.
- This song annoyed me the very minute I first heard it.
- It is up to him as to whether he wants to annoy 51 % of the population.
irritate, vex, make angry, make cross, anger, exasperate, irk, gall, pique, put out, displease, get/put someone's back up, antagonize, get on someone's nerves, rub up the wrong way, ruffle, ruffle someone's feathers, make someone's hackles rise, raise someone's hackles;
informal aggravate, peeve, hassle, miff, rile, nettle, needle, get, get to, bug, hack off, get under someone's skin, get in someone's hair, get up someone's nose, put someone's nose out of joint, get someone's goat, give someone the hump, rattle someone's cage, drive mad/crazy, drive round the bend/twist, drive up the wall, make someone see red
vulgar slang piss off
British vulgar slang get on someone's tits
rare exacerbate, hump, rasp
irritated, cross, angry, vexed, exasperated, irked, piqued, displeased, put out, fed up, disgruntled, in a bad mood, in a temper, testy, in high dudgeon, huffy, in a huff, resentful, aggrieved;
informal aggravated, peeved, nettled, miffed, miffy, mad, riled, hacked off, peed off, hot under the collar, foaming at the mouth
British informal browned off, cheesed off, brassed off, not best pleased, narked, ratty, shirty, eggy
West Indian informal vex
vulgar slang pissed off
North American vulgar slang pissed
- Example sentences
- We have a enough things to worry about without being tortured by evil lawyers and other professional annoyers!
- With QuickTopic Pro you can also delete entire ranges of messages easily, and you can block the IP addresses of any persistent annoyers.
- Once we get all those annoyers into prison and they start annoying their jailers, what them? Charge them with being annoying, fine them for being so annoying.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia