Slightly angry; irritated: Kelly was annoyed with him he was annoyed at being woken up so early I got very annoyed watching the film
More example sentences
- The 62 junior doctors in Waterford are annoyed over new rostering arrangements which they say will isolate them on the frontline.
- I remember I was pretty annoyed with my brother who shared the room with me, over some trivial disagreement.
- Councillors were becoming increasingly annoyed at the delays to the car park, which was meant to have been finished in April of last year.
- Example sentences
- ‘He's not my lover,’ Khelekkir said annoyedly.
- ‘My engine is damaged,’ he said annoyedly into the comm, flipping a switch, ‘I'm shutting it down.’
- She mentally chanted annoyedly. ‘This is not how it's supposed to go!’
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: an|noyed
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.