- A ring in the cross section of the stem or root of a temperate woody plant, produced by one year’s growth.More example sentences
- The oldest tree in the present study had 135 annual rings at the stem base.
- It was concluded from structural observations that duration of cambial activity is longer in trees with broad annual rings than in trees with narrow rings.
- The amount of tension wood in a section was quantified as the total area of all tension wood bands in the second annual ring, divided by the total area of the ring.
More definitions of annual ringDefinition of annual ring in:
- The US English dictionary