- Ring-shaped: complex craters have uplifted central structures surrounded by an annular trough and a fractured rimMore example sentences
- The eclipse is an example of the rarest type of solar eclipse, a ‘hybrid’ in which some areas see a total eclipse while others see an annular, or ring-shaped, eclipse.
- The tympanic bone is distinctively annular (ring-shaped).
- The Sun undergoes an annular, or ring-shaped, eclipse on the 3rd.
- More example sentences
- On the other hand the portion formed into an annularly corrugated shape lacks flexibility if the whole of the hose is formed from a hard resin material.
- The annularly arranged gas supply tubes extend into the converging part up to a second point.
- The present invention relates to a structure of stator wire groove seats having annularly closed stable devices.
late 16th century: from French annulaire or Latin annularis, from anulus, annulus 'a ring'.