Definition of anodize in English:
verb[with object] (usually as adjective anodized)
Coat (a metal, especially aluminium) with a protective oxide layer by an electrolytic process in which the metal forms the anode: the anodized frames
More example sentences
- One of the most common metals that is anodized is aluminum.
- The top and bottom of the reservoir are made of solid anodized blue aluminium with the exterior made from acrylic in a cylindrical shape.
- Those produced in brass, anodized aluminum or galvanized iron impart a golden glow or a silvery shiver.
- Example sentences
- Wayne earns £10,000 a year as an anodiser.
- Most anodizers need anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to plan, process and invoice for projects.
- This certificate issued by the designated anodiser confirms that the anodizing has been produced in accordance with the ‘aluminium finishing requirements’ as specified.
Definition of anodize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.