- 1An anonymous person or publication.More example sentences
- As Oguibe notes, these artists challenge ‘the colonial desire for the faceless native, the anonym,’ which still lives in some international art circles.
- No biggie here… I've got less and less tolerance for anonyms invading mutual conversation these days… better conversations occur when people own their words.
- 2A pseudonym.More example sentences
- The use of anonyms and pseudonyms is a well-known phenomenon in literature, not least children's literature.
early 19th century: from French anonyme, from Greek anōnumos (see anonymous).