Definition of anonymize in English:
verb[with object] (usually as adjective anonymized)
Remove identifying particulars or details from (something, especially medical test results) for statistical or other purposes: anonymized testing of routine blood samples
More example sentences
- We did an observational study of changes in prescribing costs between two financial years using anonymised data from all general practices in Trent.
- We used anonymised statistical abstracts of hospital records that were linked to data from death certificates in the former Oxford health region from 1963 to 1998.
- We used anonymised data from the UK General Practice Research Database.
- Example sentences
- Privacy ultimately is about an individual's ability to control personally identifying information, and anonymization alone can never facilitate this.
- The power can only be used where gaining consent or anonymization are not reasonably practicable options.
- The way serious people protect their web-searching privacy is through anonymization.
Definition of anonymize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan