verb[with object] (usually as adjective anonymized)
Remove identifying particulars or details from (something, especially medical test results) for statistical or other purposes: anonymized testing of routine blood samples
More example sentences
- We did an observational study of changes in prescribing costs between two financial years using anonymised data from all general practices in Trent.
- We used anonymised statistical abstracts of hospital records that were linked to data from death certificates in the former Oxford health region from 1963 to 1998.
- We used anonymised data from the UK General Practice Research Database.
- Example sentences
- The power can only be used where gaining consent or anonymization are not reasonably practicable options.
- The way serious people protect their web-searching privacy is through anonymization.
- There are also interviews that deal with material that is in the public sphere, like oral history recordings, where anonymity is not expected and where it's normal to obtain informed consent for publication without anonymization.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: an¦onym|ize
Definition of anonymize in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.