- (Chiefly of a drug) preventing ovulation.More example sentences
- The oral anovulant contraceptive pill had been developed privately with her assistance.
- A renewed challenge to the Church's teaching came with the approval of the anovulant pill in 1960.
- In the 1960s, the Church faced increasing pressure regarding the use of contraceptive means with the marketing of the anovulant pill.
nounBack to top
- An anovulant drug.More example sentences
- The common factor is that all these are anovulants and therefore are equally good at stopping ectopics and intrauterine conceptions.
- For these reasons, the therapeutic use of anovulants is not an act that would violate the first condition of the principle of the double effect.
- Even when taking contraceptives or anovulants, the number of ovules that we ourselves can use reduces gradually.
More definitions of anovulantDefinition of anovulant in:
- The US English dictionary