- An insect that resembles a dragonfly, with predatory larvae that construct conical pits into which insect prey, especially ants, fall.
More example sentences
- Family Myrmeleontidae, order Neuroptera
- This was also found in at least one other insect species, the ant lion.
- I was up to my waist, and as each wave receded I was being pushed forward, and the sand was being dragged from beneath me, in much the same way as an ant lion catches its prey.
- However, when excluding one outlier, the ant lion, the correlations are again significant.
More definitions of ant lionDefinition of ant lion in:
- The US English dictionary