Definition of antacid in English:
(Chiefly of a medicine) preventing or correcting acidity, especially in the stomach: I prescribed a kaolin antacid mixture these drugs have an antacid and analgesic effect
More example sentences
- The Pharmacy stocks a number of antacid preparations.
- Examples of antacid brands include Rennies and Gaviscon.
- Of course over-the-counter antacid pills (cimtidine and ranitidine) are available, but I really prefer to avoid possible side-effects they may cause.
nounBack to top
An antacid medicine.
- These familiar antacids were medicine chest staples.
- This medicine contains antacids that can keep other medicines from working properly if the 2 medicines are taken too close together.
- For example, antacids, antibiotics, and oral contraceptives alter your body's absorption of several B vitamins.
Definition of antacid in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India