- An insectivorous, long-legged, short-tailed bird which typically has dark grey plumage in the male, found mainly in the tropical forests of South America.
More example sentences
- Family Formicariidae: several genera
- Here we report an 8-year study of this system in a tropical passerine bird, the dusky antbird.
- Small flies laid their eggs in the bodies of the escaping insects; antbirds grabbed most of the bugs the flies didn't claim.
- Likewise, trunks for foraging woodpeckers and vegetational structures for dead-leaf foraging antbirds are found throughout the midstory, often extending into the understory and canopy.
More definitions of antbirdDefinition of antbird in:
- The US English dictionary