adjective & adverb
- Before death: [as adjective]: the ante-mortem instructions of the dead leaderMore example sentences
- So I think that it is not evidence of an ante-mortem kind of ligature.
- The forensic odontologists compare the dental remains that we recover with the ante-mortem dental records in order to make a positive dental identification.
- ‘It has become an integral part of the ante-mortem process at factories and pre-export clearance for live exports,’ he added.
Latin 'before death'.
More definitions of ante-mortemDefinition of ante-mortem in:
- The US English dictionary