- A mammal that feeds on ants and termites, with a long snout and sticky tongue.
More example sentences
- Most anteaters are edentates of the Central and South American family Myrmecophagidae, which includes the giant anteater and the tamanduas. The echidna, numbat, and pangolin are alternatively known as spiny, banded, and scaly anteater respectively
- In South America, anteaters evolved long sticky tongues that enable them to feed on ants and termites.
- As the name suggests, anteaters eat ants and termites in vast quantities, sometimes up to 30,000 insects in a single day.
- The prey of anteaters adheres to their long, sticky tongues.
More definitions of anteaterDefinition of anteater in:
- The US English dictionary