- A small room leading to a main one: the antechamber to an interview roomMore example sentences
- The stairs creaked, the attic was spooky, the cellar dim and creepy; there were storage antechambers to every room.
- The main room was a rectangle with various antechambers and vestibules branching off down its length.
- The hatch opened into a small antechamber that led into the main hall.
mid 17th century (as antichamber): from French antichambre, from Italian anticamera, from anti- 'preceding' + camera (see chamber).
More definitions of antechamberDefinition of antechamber in:
- The US English dictionary