- A small antenna, especially either of the first pair of antennae in a crustacean.More example sentences
- A nauplius consists of the first three cephalic segments and the appendages belonging to those segments, the antennules, antennae, and mandibles.
- To do this, it samples the environment as frequently as seven times a second with flicks of its ‘nose ‘- two whiplike appendages, or antennules, in front of its eyes.’
- Like many crabs, lobsters, and other crustaceans, stomatopods flick their antennules, probably to increase the velocity of their antennules relative to the surrounding fluid and reduce the boundary layer thickness.
mid 19th century: diminutive of antenna.
More definitions of antennuleDefinition of antennule in:
- The US English dictionary