Definition of anthologize in English:
verb[with object] (usually as adjective anthologized)
Include (an author or work) in an anthology: the most anthologized of today’s poets
More example sentences
- Thus it is surprising that while her works are widely anthologized and taught in African American and women's studies courses, critical attention to her more than fifty years of writing has been less substantial than one might expect.
- Her work is widely anthologised and has been translated into French, Spanish, Italian and Dutch.
- His works have been read in a variety of college and university literature courses, and have been anthologized in collections by Random House and Dover.
- 1anthologization noun
- Example sentences
- But, as scrutiny of the volumes quickly reveals, the process of anthologization and categorization is neither simple nor self-evidently logical.
- Read from an international perspective, the Irish debate about anthologization and its omissions may appear a very late entry into the Anglo-American canon wars of the 1980s.
- This is vaguely amusing, perhaps (even though the sentiment it expresses is entirely and damnably false), but is it worthy of anthologization?
Words that rhyme with anthologizemythologize, psychologize, tautologize, theologize
Definition of anthologize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.