- (Of insects or other animals) frequenting flowers.More example sentences
- The elongate, loose inflorescence usually bears 4 10 brilliantly rose-coloured flowers which completely lack nectar or other food for anthophilous insects and thus act by deceit.
- This foraging profile overlapped with those of all anthophilous insect families, all bee subgenera, and all species of nectarivorous birds that were encountered.
- However, anthophilous birds appeared to mostly forage higher in the trees and probably consumed more nectar from, and provided more pollination services to, flowers higher in the trees.
More definitions of anthophilousDefinition of anthophilous in:
- The US English dictionary