- The cosmological principle that theories of the universe are constrained by the necessity to allow human existence.More example sentences
- Yet some scientists - though certainly not all - are convinced that the anthropic principle has intrinsic scientific worth.
- Both gentlemen believe the anthropic principle strongly suggests an ultimate purpose to the universe.
- The anthropic principle has given much weight to the theory of intelligent design.
1970s: anthropic from Greek anthrōpikos, from anthrōpos 'human being'.
More definitions of anthropic principleDefinition of anthropic principle in:
- The US English dictionary